Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Good luck this weekend!

I will be out of town this weekend, traveling with the American Culture Program (and I am very close to launching that blog, so keep an eye out!) but I wanted to wish good luck to all of the women competing for Miss Chesterfield and Miss Hanover this weekend. I don't know who all is competing, but I know that Natalie Smith, LaWanda Weatherspoon, and Krystle Stinette all mentioned at Miss Capitol Region that they would be competing!

We haven't gotten our travel details finalized, but I'll be anxious to hear the results from this pageant, and it's unfortunate that I couldn't participate! I hope all the girls have a great time.


I've been too busy to blog lately, mostly because I've had a lot of important school work and outside work that needed my attention. As mentioned in a prior post, I started a second job and I've been working there quite a bit the last few weeks. I've also been busy with my on campus job, and luckily all our events for the next semester are completely planned.

Last week I had to get two research papers approved; after much stress, I abandoned my East German wage regression project for my senior economics paper and presentation. I met with my advisor last week and I'll be looking at determinants of the foreclosure rate, focusing on Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan. Obviously this is a pertinent issue and one that could show some interesting and relevant policy results, so I'm looking forward to it. All the research on the topic is relatively fresh, which is good for me, because there's enough to guide my own research but a big enough hole in the research that my project could shed some light on the housing market issues in the Midwest. All the research mostly comes from Federal Reserve papers, too, so the quality can be trusted. In addition to that paper, I also got my independent political research confirmed as well.

My hallmate has a list of the days until graduation outside her door; I think we currently sit at 96. It's exciting and simultaneously terrifying; I guess we all just have to trust that we will find ourselves on the paths we were meant to follow.

I have an evening class on Tuesdays so I don't have any more time to post. My weekdays are jam packed so I wanted to wish good luck to those competing this weekend before life got too crazy!

No comments: