Monday, November 15, 2010

Oh, Canada!







I recently had the awesome opportunity to travel to an international conference on Motherhood in Toronto, Canada! This was my first trip to Canada and also my first time experiencing Niagara Falls! Lucky enough, we actually visited the Falls on the last day it was open for the boats. This was also John's first time traveling to Niagara, and we're also planning another trip back!






One of the great things about this conference is that I got linked up with many other people in the field through this organization, and I have an upcoming book chapter to be published in Winter 2011 as a result of the connections made. We also got to go see Second City, a hilarious comedy show (which had come to my college, and, in fact, adopted a Randolph Macon girl into one of their tours because of her great sense of humor). The show was great and although the trip was short, it was a blast! There is so much to do there and I can definitely see why it's such a great honeymoon destination!

No comments: