Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fundraiser pageant pictures!











Yesterday Whitney Law and I had the opportunity to emcee and crown at the Spirit of Miss Hill City/Commonwealth pageants. I got to talk to a lot of people and younger girls (one of my favorite aspects of pageantry is meeting other people!) and it was a lot of fun. I was really grateful for all the people that participated in this pageant because it raises money for two really wonderful locals.

I am definitely a crowning expert by now! I don't know how many girls ended up winning crowns, but you can see in the picture that I crowned everyone there except for Whitney! It went really quickly and it was great to get to see some new people. I also got interviewed by Lynchburg WSET (I have now interacted with this reporter three times- he came to speak to the American Culture Program here at RMWC shortly before I graduated, then he covered our college graduation, then I met him again yesterday! He really is a local celebrity!)

A woman attending the pageant also invited me to make an appearance next Friday at the Commonwealth games in Roanoke with other titleholders carrying the American flag in the opening ceremony! How amazing is that? I'm really excited about it!



Also, a huge thanks to my co-director, Chris, who took my camera for the day and snapped all these shots!

No comments: