Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Appearances from Last Week








Last week I had a series of appearances and I wanted to share them and some photos from the week!


On Monday I presented to the Pulaski Rotary Club in Pulaski, Virginia. The club was very welcoming and it was great to meet the members!


On Tuesday I attended a meeting of the Blacksburg Newcomers Club. I was invited by my friend Erin, because the club is working on a traveling sculpture whose proceeds will benefit the Women's Resource Center of the New River Valley. I was happy to contribute to the sculpture and meet some of the members of the club and share my story!

That afternoon I drove to Lynchburg to have dinner with a friend I used to work with. Then I spoke to a daisy girl scout troop and later a Cadette Girl Scout troop who I will be working with later on a fashion show!


On Wednesday I traveled out to Giles County to speak to a Girl Scout troop about self-esteem and pageants!


On Thursday I spoke to the Lynchburg Optimist Club which was a wonderful experience! The members of this club asked me wonderful questions and really made me feel welcome! Later that day I drove back to Blacksburg to volunteer as a Mary Kay face model for a woman I met at the Newcomer's Club earlier that week!

On Friday I drove over to Richmond to help out at the Miss Piedmont Region pageant for the weekend!


It was busy to say the least, but I really enjoyed it and it was great to meet lots of new people!

No comments: