Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Where have I been?

You may have been wondering where I've been lately.

Well, last week I had to completely pack up my old apartment, check out the remaining group on campus, rent a truck to move (nightmare, which I'll share sometime later) and then move to my new home. Thanks to Jimmy (director of the year award, easily) the moving in process was much easier than loading up. It took me all of Wednesday night to load up the truck but it only took us two hours to unload! Then I came back, packed the remaining stuff in my car, and drove again to Blacksburg to stay the night. The next morning at 5:30 I got up to drive home to Ohio and made it back by the afternoon.

So, after a summer involving Miss Virginia, working two jobs totaling 60-70 hours per week, I am completely enjoying the brief week and a half vacation that I get before becoming a full time graduate student! I am so excited about my new apartment and it's the most space I've ever had!

Well, be patient while I enjoy my break!

1 comment:

Miss Muddy Paws said...

Glad to see you've moved into your new place, and it sounds like Jimmy is an awesome director and friend! Enjoy your new digs, and enjoy your week and a half vaccation! Take off your shoes, kick up your feet, and pull out a good book (And, I feel I have to specify to you absolutely nothing academic--you're on vaccation!!) You've earned a relaxing break!

Hope to catch up soon!