Monday, September 15, 2008

Blogging outside my normal sphere

A while ago, I saw this article on campus compare, a website that aims to help students understands the ins and outs of the various processes associated with college. This particular blog had written about Miss America, and how it was an alternative for those seeking scholarship funds.

To make the story short, I got to write a blog about my experience as a MAO participant. The people who read this website seemed to have little to no experience with MAO. One of the questions posted under the first blog was someone asking why MAO only gave $50,000 to Miss America instead of spreading the money around.

I always relish the opportunity to share about MAO with others and this seemed like a great opportunity to let young women know about the scholarship options available from Miss America.

Click Here to Read



I'm getting ready for my next pageant in October. I decided that I wanted to give myself some time to adjust to graduate school before jumping back into pageants. It is extremely time consuming being a full time graduate student, trying to balance my classes, the classes I teach as a teaching assistant, and my community service! I'm glad I decided to wait, and don't worry, I'll be back in pageants soon! Thanks for all the emails of support I've received! I'll be attending Miss Roanoke Valley to watch and cheer on Natalie Smith (and any other friends I might have competing!)

No comments: