Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My recent appearances






The last few weeks have literally been a whirlwind as I've tried to balance all my competing interests in life... a demanding class/teaching schedule, appearances, exercising, and spending time with family and friends. I have very quickly learned that life is all about balance!

I had a few appearances this weekend that I'll update you about.


On Saturday morning I headed to Salem for the Gingerbread Festival. I watched other performers then performed my tap dance from Miss Virginia. After that, I talked about me and my platform. Then I read Christmas stories to the children while they sat on stage with me. The kids were really cute and I had many volunteers to be my page turner! Thanks to Traci for this appearance!


Then I headed over to Lynchburg (I've joked about keeping an apartment in Lynchburg because I'm there so much, but luckily I always have somewhere to stay!) for the Lynchburg Christmas parade. We headed over there about 4:30 and Livi, Mati and I sat in the car at 5. I think we were the only queens out there with the top down! It was bitterly cold and snowing all the time, but we really had a good time! The Hill City ladies were very popular with the crowd! Our funny story is that some woman on the side of the route said "You go Miss Hillbilly!" because she thought that's what our signs said. We could have have numerous boyfriends or fiancees along the route, too! We had a good time and it took us a while to warm up.

I was supposed to travel on to Charlottesville to visit a friend but on our way back from the parade we saw about 5 major accidents in Lynchburg. Then my friend called and said there were more accidents between Lynchburg and Amherst County, so I ended up staying in Lynchburg for the night.

This week I have more Girl Scouts and then traveling to Miss Williamsburg this weekend! I am about 9 days away from being done with this semester, too, so I've been swamped with work!

No comments: