Thursday, February 21, 2008

Please keep Lydia in your thoughts

I just got an email from my friend Lydia Beresford, who has been competing all year in Miss Virginia preliminaries.

She slid on some ice last night and dislocated the shoulder she hasn't had surgery on. She had a major surgery some time ago and has been experiencing ongoing shoulder problems since. This recent falls means she can't compete in Miss Greater Springfield this weekend.


Lydia is such a great girl. She has shared a room with me in Williamsburg, lent me earrings, and taken me shopping when I left my interview shoes in Ohio. She is so much fun to have backstage and is a great girl. It's disappointing because I was looking forward to seeing her this weekend. It is really unfortunate that this is Lydia's last year of eligibility and I hate to see her have to stop competing due to this. Her health comes first, however, and I will miss her this weekend.

If everyone could keep her in your thoughts and prayers it would be much appreciated.

No comments: