Sunday, April 6, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!

I'm off this morning to North Carolina to fly to Vegas for a week-long trip with the American Culture program, and I'm really excited. I woke up for a third time at 5:30 AM (at least my body seems to be used to it) and packed all of my things (in one suitcase, can you believe it?).

Yesterday was pretty hectic but overall really exciting. It still has not sunk in that I'm actually going to Miss Virginia, despite the new crown and banner in my possession and all the paperwork. Needless to say, I believe this year's production of Miss Virginia is going to be amazing- from what I heard yesterday, there will be a lot of changes that seem to reflect the good from this year's Miss America telecast- getting to know the contestants more personally, etc.

The most exciting part is that an 11th semi-finalist will be chosen by internet voting... the emcee will not announce which contestant was chosen as the people's choice but she will compete with the rest of the top 10 to get closer to the Miss Virginia title! More details to follow, but I think this is a great way to give another girl a chance to compete on final night!

Alright, off to Vegas!

No comments: