Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Exciting News!

Well, first of all, let me note that this last week has been pretty difficult for me.
About ten days ago, I started developing severe headaches. I went to the campus health center, and at first the nurse thought it was tension headaches. After giving me pain medication, I tried it and discovered it didn't work. They upgraded me to a heavy-duty migraine medication because I had become very sensitive to light. That didn't work, either.

So today I drove to the doctor's office and was injected twice in my back with some medicine that was supposed to try and break up the headache. I was lying down in that office for 20 minutes in the dark, but no relief! So now I have to get a CT Scan and see a neurologist, which is a little scary. Especially since in the meantime I have no option but to keep working through my hectic schedule. My professors have been very understanding, which I am so grateful for. Miraculously, I am caught up with my work, but it has only been because I have pushed through the headache.

But- I am coming home next weekend! Hopefully I will get a chance to see my mom's neurologist, celebrate my mom's birthday (which was yesterday) and I am going to compete for the title of Miss North East Ohio on Sunday. I'm very excited about this, and I can't wait for some time at home, which I miss greatly!

Hopefully, I will have some sort of short-term solution to get me a little relief from this head pain, but no matter what, I'll try to push through!


P.S. Pumpkin Parade is going well :)

No comments: