Monday, May 26, 2008

Checking in...

It has been a great weekend! I hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial Day!

I had such a busy weekend but I wouldn't have it any other way. Suffice it to say that Miss Virginia work is coming along swimmingly. Although we get a little done at a time, we have come a long way in the short period since I won. It really helps that my determination pushes me through the long days of shopping, trying on gowns, driving to the seamstress, exercising, etc. It's a LOT of work! It keeps me very busy and between running back and forth from one job to my other I get very tired. After work I usually have a variety of "pageant appointments."

Things have gotten so crazy that I had to color-code my wall calendar. I'm using purple for my pageant stuff and my calendar is covered in purple writing!

What makes this so much easier during the stressful or frustrating parts is that I am extremely determined. Having that drive to be Miss Virginia and to do my best during that week in Roanoke pushes me along when we encounter an obstacle. I am so grateful for the opportunity.

More details coming soon about how everything is coming. I also hope they let us know what the details are about the online voting for the "People's Choice".

Thanks to all of you who have donated your time, money, or letters/emails to support me especially during this time of insanity!

No comments: