Thursday, October 11, 2007

Exciting News

This weekend, the Miss Virginia USA pageant is being held right here in Lynchburg at EC Glass!

Since it is my fall break, I will be attending and giving you my 'pageant insider opinion'. I will simply be stating what contestants stood out, and my overall impression. I do not intend to 'bash' anyone, but I know that many people who can't attend in person like a first hand view of what's happening.

*edit* Yikes, I made an error posting earlier. The preliminaries are on Saturday 8-10, and Sunday we have to be seated at 1:30 PM. I have no problem with the Sunday time, but I don't know if I'll be finished babysitting in time for the other pageant. If I am, I'll head over and grab tickets at the door. I only found this information out by calling a place selling tickets to confirm. The professor I am babysitting for has a very young infant (6 weeks) and she and her husband just want to go out to dinner, so I don't think they'll be gone very long, but I made a commitment to them and will only go watch the preliminaries if I'm finished. I'm finding out tomorrow the final details of my babysitting job.

Also, for those in Virginia, the final pageant on Sunday is being televised on ABC 13, so tune in!



I'm really excited about being able to attend both the preliminaries and the finals (if I can!), and that it's so close, because I've never watched a USA pageant in person and it will be interesting to see the differences that I notice between MAO and USA pageants.

I will be bringing a notebook to take notes.

This will be fun, a much needed break from my economics and politics senior seminar work (which has consumed me over the last week), and I hope will get me even more excited about Miss Hill City, which is approaching in just a few weeks!

So, look forward to my posts over the weekend, so you can hear how it's all going!


-Laura

No comments: