Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A huge thank you

I took my biology lab practical this afternoon, and it went very well. Feeling much better without the headache, I holed myself up in the library, determined to get some work done.
I finished all my work for the week, which is a great feeling! Now I can relax a little bit and just hand in the papers I've already written.

And then I got a wonderful surprise. I logged into my Miss America 4 Kids account to find that someone had donated towards my efforts to become Miss Hill City! I couldn't be more proud to be a Randolph-Macon woman and a member of such an incredible network of women who really love their school and our sisterhood. I'm not sure whether my donor wants to be named at this point or not, so until then, I want to say thank you to my RMWC alum donor who donated ALL of my Children's Miracle Network goal this afternoon! I feel so blessed to attend this school and that so many women have created such an incredible legacy of leadership, intelligence, and friendship here, and I am truly grateful for my donor's support. Please know that I am throwing my heart and soul into becoming Miss Hill City and representing this city of Lynchburg!

To all the girls who have come up to me and told me good luck, or that I had a lot of 'guts' to do something this wonderful, thank you! Randolph-Macon is my family, and I am so happy to be able to share this pageant experience with my friends!


For now, I'm going to relax knowing that my biology lab practical and senior seminar work is DONE for the week!

No comments: