Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Holiday Dinner- another RMWC tradition




One of the few good things about this last semester is that we’ve been able to keep many of the traditions that are part of RMWC’s past. Although I’m late in blogging, I wanted to share some of my friend Nada’s pictures in celebration of a great RMWC tradition: Holiday Dinner.

For Holiday Dinner, the Dining Hall cooks us decent food (and trust me, this is an important event, because it was the first week all semester that I used all 14 of my meals in my meal plan on campus. I usually avoid the dining hall and make my own food!) and we sign up with our sister class to eat at tables.

Unfortunately, the location of our table meant that we had to wait nearly an hour just to get in the buffet line, which wouldn’t have been a problem except that Nada and Audra had classes at 7 and the dinner began at 6. We finally encouraged them to break the rules and get in line so they could have something to eat before a long night class.

After you eat dinner, we all stand on the chairs of the dining hall and sing Christmas carols and “Santa” (i.e. some professor, usually Dr. Sheldon of Physics) comes around to give us candy. It’s a great way to relax as exams grow near!

No comments: