Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Miss America profiles

Since I’ve been able to post about presidential candidates, I think it’s important to recognize that we are soon going to have another important representative for our country: Miss America. Usually I’m able to pick a few favorites, but with more pageant experience I’ve come to realize that some pageants are unpredictable.

Last year, Oklahoma and Texas (along with a few others) were obvious choices for top spots at Miss America. This year, however, I’ve looked at candidate profiles and followed them all, and I can’t even begin to choose a top 10, let alone a top 15. Of course, I have a few favorites that I like to call “outside the mold”, girls that I’m supporting because I believe they bring a little something different to the table. So, along with my homestate favorites (Ohio and Virginia) I’ll share some information about a few girls that I’ll really be cheering for in Vegas come January.

I always feel compelled to say “please remember that this is my opinion” because I don’t pretend to be a journalist, pageant expert, or certified judge. I like to share my opinion based off of a few years in “pageant land” and many years of watching Miss America.

So stay tuned for my Miss America profiles, coming soon!

No comments: