Sunday, March 15, 2009

Glamour Girlz in Danville







As you can see from my many blog posts, I had three appearances this weekend. In the middle of the day, I was in Danville to participate in an event called Glamour Girlz. I have been working on this event for months and I am so happy it was a success. This idea was born out of an idea from the program directors daughter, and when I suggested doing a fashion show in late January, they let me run with it! I cannot say thank you enough to Belk, who let me use whatever clothes and shoes I wanted! Shane Markham, the manager, is an incredible and patient guy for letting me shop for hours last Tuesday and being so helpful. The goal of the fashion show was to show that every style, every body shape, and and every skin color is gorgeous and that every girl is beautiful inside and out. Let me tell you, if you ever think that a stylists job is easy, ask me! Trying to pick outfits to make 11 teenagers happy with matching shoes is NOT easy! But some of the girls loved the clothes so much that they tried to convince moms to go and buy them! My models were from a very special troop in Lynchburg that I have gotten very close to. Thank you so much to Suzanne and Elizabeth for being incredible girl scout leaders and keeping things so organized backstage!

The girls got to see what its like to be a real model- meaning that you have NO time to get changed, so Tara and I talked a little bit about our favorite appearances from the year. I have to say that now my favorite appearance is participating in this event. I am so glad it went well and I know this took so much work! The Girl Scouts of Virginia Skyline Council is a wonderful Girl Scout Council and if you've been reading my blog for some time, you can tell they work very hard to put out great events for girls!


The girls also got to get autographs from Tara (and the line for that was VERY long!) and listen to Tara talk about self-esteem. Everyone knows that I think Tara Wheeler is one amazing Miss Virginia and leaves some big shoes to fill come June 27th, and I know she showed that to all the little girls there that day.

No comments: