Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Another cut?

The Fed will announce this afternoon around 2:15 another rate cut, which experts predict could be as high as half a percentage point, although it will be at least a quarter.

House announced a huge stimulus plan yesterday to lift the country out of its economic slump.

I hope these last-ditch efforts to change things make a difference, although I really doubt a few hundred dollars will help your average tax payer. The last time this happened, most people saved the money or paid off bills, so the idea of spending that money to boost the economy could just get stalled.


In other news, Hillary took the Florida primaries but got no delegates, and McCain took the Republican vote. McCain is my pick for the overall nomination, but what do I know? I supported Joe Biden for the Democratic bid!


On that note, I need to mail off my absentee ballot request!

Don't forget to vote!

No comments: