Thursday, March 20, 2008

Brief Life Update

This week has literally knocked me off my feet. On Sunday morning, I remarked to fellow American Culture Program student Dani that my throat hurt. On our drive back from DC, I kept coughing and was thrilled when we bumped into a Coldstone so that I could grab a milkshake.

Each day the "cold" seemed to get worse, culminating in today when I slept through my morning presentation. I slept thirteen and a half hours! Of course, being the Laura that I am, my first thought waking up was about my presentation, and I jumped on it right away and got in touch with the professor. Sometimes being a good student really pays off when you get sick or make some small mistake; professors know this isn't typical behavior for you and are more understanding.

I went to the health center after notifying the professor, and now I'm resting up and trying to feel better.


In any case, I feel a hundred times better about the state of my senior economics paper than I did last week. It still needs lots of work, but I feel more confident handing it in tomorrow than I anticipated.

And glory, glory, a weekend on campus! I have spent every weekend away or extremely busy since the start of this semester, and I am so thrilled to finally have a weekend here in my room (admittedly a mess) to catch up on schoolwork and preparing for life post-graduation. I have a lot on my "to-do" list for the weekend, but I'm glad that for once I don't have travel plans and can take a little more "me time" to recover from whatever this illness is.


That's all for now!

No comments: