Thursday, March 27, 2008

Some much needed good news

Over the past few weeks, I have been grappling with what to do with my life after graduation. I didn't think I could afford graduate school. My hope for the months since I have applied (since November) was Virginia Tech. I had a professor who attended there for graduate school and I really felt like Tech was the school. My mom had a gut feeling about it, too.

I had an appointment tomorrow to look at apartments in Lynchburg for the next year; I felt that if I wasn't going to attend graduate school, living here for a year until I figured out a new plan would be best. I was still waiting to hear from two graduate schools and was feeling pretty dejected about the options; how likely were they to accept me now in late March? I had applied in November and I was dealing with increasing worry that I wouldn't be accepted.

So, you can imagine my excitement when with one last hope I signed into Virginia Tech's graduate application status online and saw a bolded "Acceptance" next to the Decision area. A little button appeared asking if I planned to attend or not.

Tech is both within my financial reach and a program I have wanted to be a part of. Over the last few weeks I struggled with how I would afford to attend a masters program, but Tech will make it possible I'm still waiting to hear how financial aid will fall out, but this opens a door for me that I have been waiting for since December and brings me on my next step to my journey of becoming a political science professor.


I'm more than excited! More details will follow!

No comments: