Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Miss Ohio night one: Evening Gowns

More notes…

They just finished introducing the judges, and now I’m hoping it’s time to get on to competition. Like I said before, everyone looked stunning in their cocktail dresses on stage. Lots of bright colors.

The show is being emceed by Mark Schnitke, who I believe also did it last year, and Roberta Camp, Miss Ohio 2007.

The only judge I caught was Miss Rhode Island 1966.

EVENING GOWN:

Erica Gelhaus looked drop dead gorgeous in a white gown with side cutouts.

Kristen Haas chose a gown with a beaded top and fuschia botton. The bottom looked silk or velvet.

Christie Yousseff had an interesting choice in a red gown with the front only being long enough for a cocktail dress. The sides had full length and a rhinestone buckle was at the center. I've never seen an evening gown like this. This really wasn't my favorite.

Victoria Miller chose a halter white gown.

Heather Waterman had an animal print halter gown.

Amy Allen- you go girl! Her gorgeous one shoulder gown sparkled even on the web! I couldn’t tell quite what color it was but it looked black or green. Amy, you looked so elegant!

Becky Minger chose a strapless blue gown with a design on it. It looked very familiar- is it possible she wore this last year?

Megan Wombacker chose a gown with a dark purple bottom, beaded top, and keyhole center. Looking good, Megan!

Shannon O’Neill wore a pretty strapless beaded white and wilver gown with a mermaid style bottom.

Kasey Wilson was a vision in a gold number that reminded me somewhat of Miss USA’s gown worn for Miss USA.

Right after evening gown, a former Miss Ohio came out to perform a song. I think it was Amanda Beagle, but I could be wrong on this one! She looked familiar, but the screen didn’t name her. I just confirmed that it was her, because her husband came out to sing on stage with her. They are a talented pair!

No comments: